Are you looking for a Biomedical Lab Technician, but you don’t know how and where to search for good people for your company? Have you already tried posting an ad on Linkedin, Monster, and Infojobs, but in addition to spending time screening resumes and not finding the person you were looking for, have you activated any outside vendors without satisfactory results? How to find a good Biomedical Lab Technician?
You’re reading the right article… read how Ricercamy works alongside and supports companies in the public and private health sector, clinical laboratories, veterinary clinics, and private research organizations for environmental prevention in the search and selection of specialized profiles.
The Biomedical Laboratory Technician: who is he or she?
The Biomedical Laboratory Technician is the professional working in the health care field. He is responsible for performing, on behalf of the facility at which he works, biomedical, biotechnological analyses. In general for all sampling of a biomedical nature. The professional figure is nationally recognized by Decree No. 745 of September 26, 1994. This decree identifies him as responsible for laboratory tests and their validation in collaboration with other figures.
The analyses performed by the technician are important for the clinical physician. Their analytical result will allow to make the most truthful diagnosis possible, this allows the best therapeutic approach. The evolution in technology, which has also significantly involved the biomedical field, has allowed the laboratory technician to have a role of some significance. In addition to classical medicine also in precision medicine, forensic medicine, and preventive medicine, skilled and highly qualified personnel are required in these areas.
Laboratory work is a task that requires professionals with precision, accuracy, extreme cleanliness and high concentration to ensure reliable results, any slightest error, in fact, can jeopardize the final outcome. To perform analyses, technicians use chemical and biological raw materials and reagents as well as precision instrumentation (balances, reagents, beakers, test tubes…), in some cases very complex. Generally, this professional has little or no patient contact except in small hospitals or on an outpatient basis. In large facilities (hospitals, clinics, research centers) they mostly work exclusively within highly specialized laboratories.
What does a biomedical laboratory technician do?
- Perform analytical procedures, clean and disinfect instruments;
- Analyze the physician’s request and identify the most appropriate technique before proceeding with the actual analysis;
- Set up the experiments and prepare the samples;
- Perform the tests and once the result is obtained write up the report;
- Monitor the proper functioning of the equipment, providing for its constant maintenance;
- Perform continuous updating of one’s professional profile particularly with regard to the latest scientific-technical developments in the field;
- Ensure adherence to high standards in analysis and compliance with safety regulations.
Main characteristics required:
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques. After obtaining the degree, it is possible to continue the course of study by accessing master’s, master’s, graduate school, and PhD degrees;
- Possesses a field of practical knowledge that enables him/her to responsibly perform analytical and research activities;
- Is able to perform with rigor and method what is entrusted to him/her by managers;
- Verifies that the procedure performed conforms to the standards established by the facility or institution at which he/she works;
- Is able to ascertain the state of wear and tear of the equipment and instrumentation at his disposal and intervenes in a timely manner if malfunctions or failures occur;
- Is familiar with technical terminology including English and is able to read and interpret manuals and instructions in said language;
- Speaks fluent English so that he/she can express him/herself in work areas outside national borders;
- Is a thorough and methodical person in his or her work.
- Possesses good theoretical knowledge that enables the technician to analyze, evaluate, interpret, and apply biomedical and biotechnological laboratory activities;
The Biomedical Laboratory Technician
The Biomedical Laboratory Technician is an important job with a certain amount of responsibility; he or she is entrusted with the task of performing analyses on laboratory samples that the facility makes available to him or her; in addition, he or she is required to validate the results. Although the technician is assisted by increasingly sophisticated and complex instrumentation the final word on the outcome of the data obtained is his full responsibility. Continuous updating and constant research are characteristics that every good technician must possess. Of course, equally important are the results he obtains, which must, before being delivered to the clinical physician and the patient, undergo several tests to be absolutely certain that the data are correct. This type of task requires particularly high levels of attention and great precision in the use of equipment.
If you are also looking for these profiles, don’t wait!
Ricercamy’s revolution: the answer to finding a good Biomedical Laboratory Technician
Ricercamy, a revolutionary and dynamic head hunter, born in March 2012, has, since its inception, been committed to introducing elements of innovation in the world of Search and Selection that would improve the redemption of Recruiting activities. In a nutshell, it is the answer to how to find a good Biomedical Laboratory Technician.
According to a Linkedin study, 75% of talent is passive and already working, not proactively engaging in the search for new professional opportunities. Only 25% of them take a more consistent interest in actively searching for new job openings. Consequently, investing the corporate budget in subscriptions and/or offers of job posting platforms surely cannot be the only effective solution or at least it cannot be the only one.
It is necessary to adopt a methodology to reach the best candidates: headhunting calls! (or Head Hunting as it may be called).
This is how our specialized head hunters find qualified personnel for our clients.
The anonymous calls, of our consultants manage to intercept any profile with different seniority.
Through a very thorough telephone pre-screening, in addition to the biographical data, all the specifications about the candidate’s experience necessary to assess its validity are collected, thus allowing the candidate to access the next step.
All of the above is carried out and shared in real time via a cloud file with our client company’s HR contact person.
Transparency and immediate sharing is a hallmark of Ricercamy, which has been specializing over the years in the search and selection of technical figures in the mechanical, electrical and electronic fields and thanks to the development of specific skills and knowledge of the profiles sought and the reference market.
Our head hunter’s mode of operation does not require the client to wait 2-3 weeks to receive the first shortlist of good profiles. For us, headhunting means real-time sharing and working unfiltered and 4-handed with our HR contact person.
By searching for personnel on a daily basis, our head hunters have acquired know-how and specialization in their fields, which allow us to be a leader in this market crowded with Recruiters.
On the strength of our tools, since its inception, Ricercamy has been helping engineering companies in the selection of hard-to-find and hard-to-place qualified Personnel. Then, thanks to the SMART commercial offer (by Ricercamy), our clients ask us to carry out selections that they have always tended to do in-house, but having certain costs and providing neither complition fees nor exclusivity, they thus feel free to delegate to us all the management of their vacancies.
If you too are looking for this type of profile, please fill out the form below and you will be contacted within 1 hour by our consultants.
After this article, I hope it is clear how to find a good Biomedical Laboratory Technician.
If you would like to keep up with our news, subscribe freely to our newsletter