Are you looking for a Transport Engineer, but you don’t know how and where to look for good candidates for your company? Have you already tried to publish an ad on Linkedin, Monster and Infojobs, but in addition to having spent time screening CVs and not having found the person you were looking for, you have activated some external suppliers without satisfactory results?
You are reading the right article… read how Ricercamy assists and supports consultancy companies and transport and mobility planning companies in the search and selection of specialised profiles.
The transport engineer designs transport systems related to the mobility of people and goods. Using statistical information and computer simulations, he elaborates the best solutions from an economic point of view, which are environmentally friendly and comply with safety regulations. Once it has collected all the available data, it formulates proposals or suggestions based on the results, which are then implemented to help improve traffic conditions in a given area. Mobility is a fundamental element of our society and, in general, of people’s well-being. In recent decades, the evolution of the demand for travel has been very disorganised, particularly in large cities, and this has not been followed by an adequate supply in terms of infrastructure and services. The Engineer intervenes in this field trying to recover the lost ground, focusing on an adequate renewal of the infrastructural heritage. One of the local mobility plans developed in recent years are the so-called PUMS (Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans), which are strategic plans aimed at satisfying the mobility of people and goods in both urban and peri-urban areas. Their aim is to improve the quality of life in large urban centres, bringing benefits not only in terms of travel, but also in economic and climatic terms, and the role of the transport engineer will be crucial in this respect.
What does a transport engineer do?
– Collect information on individual motorised traffic, public transport, pedestrian mobility, by processing statistics;
– Planning transport supply and demand using appropriate mathematical models;
– Carry out environmental impact assessments on existing infrastructures;
– Assessing the economic sustainability of interventions on transport infrastructures and networks;
– Optimising transport networks with the aid of information technology;
– Planning local public transport routes;
– Study mobility plans for individual sectors (school, business, cycling, pedestrian…).
Main features required:
– Has a degree in Civil Engineering, Management Engineering, Transport Engineering, has attended masters or postgraduate courses;
– He/she knows the regulations concerning private and collective transport;
– He/she knows the basic elements of the various transport systems and the criteria to be used for the construction of infrastructures;
– He is able to manage infrastructures and various transport services in the best possible way;
– He is able to design intermodal transport systems in order to reduce pollution and generate less traffic on the roads;
– He/she is able to assess possible safety problems in transport and how it interacts with the surrounding environment;
– He/she is reliable, conscientious and has initiative;
– Has acquired a fair degree of interpersonal skills;
– Can create constructive and cooperative relationships;
– He/she works in a team with other people and coordinates their activities.
The transport engineer’s main objective is the development of sustainable mobility and the focus is on modal integration. To achieve this goal, digital technologies are used today, but they are only one tool in the complex framework of modal transport. The real strategy for making transport systems more sustainable, which is one of the key points on which the EU is focusing, is the search for integrated transport systems, seeking to limit the use of private vehicles more and more. This is where digital technology will be an important resource, together with the vision of professionals such as traffic engineers, whose knowledge will enable them to modernise and reorganise transport networks and services.
Ricercamy, a revolutionary and dynamic head hunter, born in March 2012, has, since its inception, been committed to introducing innovative elements into the world of Search and Selection that would improve the redemption of Recruiting activities.
According to a study by Linkedin, 75% of talents are passive and already working, not proactively looking for new professional opportunities. Only 25% of them are more consistently interested in actively searching for new job offers. Therefore, investing the company’s budget in subscriptions and/or offers from job posting platforms cannot be the only effective solution.
It is necessary to adopt a methodology that allows you to reach the best candidates: headhunting calls! (or Head Hunting, as we call it).
This is how our specialised headhunters find qualified staff for our clients.
Our consultants’ anonymous calls are able to intercept any profile with different seniorities.
Through a very thorough pre-screening by telephone, in addition to the personal data, we collect all the specifications on the candidate’s experience necessary to assess its validity and thus allow the candidate to access the next step.
All of the above is carried out and shared in real time via a cloud file with our HR contact in the client company.
Transparency and immediate sharing is a distinctive feature of Ricercamy, which has specialised over the years in the search and selection of technical figures in the mechanical, electrical and electronic fields, thanks to the development of specific skills and knowledge of the profiles sought and the reference market.
Our headhunter’s operating method does not require the client to wait 2-3 weeks to receive the first shortlist of valid profiles. For us, headhunting means sharing in real time and working unfiltered and hand-in-hand with our HR contact.
By searching for staff on a daily basis, our headhunters have acquired know-how and specialisation in their fields, which allows us to be a leader in this market crowded with recruiters.
On the strength of our tools, since its inception, Ricercamy has helped engineering companies in the selection of qualified personnel who are difficult to find and to place. Thanks to Ricercamy’s SMART commercial offer, our clients ask us to carry out selections that they have always tended to do internally, but with certain costs and no complition fees or exclusivity, they feel free to delegate the management of their vacancies to us.
If you too are looking for these profiles, don’t wait!
Make an appointment with one of our consultants by clicking here