Are you looking for a Naval Surveyor, but don’t know how and where to search for good figures for your company? Have you already tried posting an ad on Linkedin, Monster and Infojobs? In addition to spending time screening resumes and not finding the person you were looking for, have you activated any outside vendors without satisfactory results? How to find a good Ship Surveyor?
You’re reading the right article… read how Ricercamy works alongside and supports insurance companies, shipping companies and corporations in the search and selection of specialized profiles.
The Ship Surveyor: who is he? How to find a valid Ship Surveyor?
The Ship Surveyor is that professional figure who carries out consultancy activities in circumstances where a valuation or estimate of a vessel is required. This activity is carried out in the event that a client needs to proceed with the purchase or sale of the asset and wants to accurately determine its real market price.
In carrying out its work, it assesses the state of preservation of the vessel, whether damage is present, and whether routine maintenance work has been carried out. Appraisals can be carried out on both used and new boats. In the latter case, the appraisal is usually required on large vessels and is used to validate technical specifications and to check the progress of the work.
The appraiser may perform his or her duties in the context of so-called appraisals. They are used to establish the value of a vessel for financing purposes or to determine the value in terms of insurance. In the latter case a damage appraisal is carried out, which, as in the case of automobiles, applies to third-party liability. The appraisal can be requested either in case there are legal disputes related to a claim or to verify the safety status of the vessel. The marine surveyor is an expert who possesses a broad view of issues related to the boating world as well as good organizational and management skills.
His technical skills mean that he is also familiar with aspects related to the dynamic and static conditions of the ship, the materials used in its manufacture, and the technological tools used during construction. A technical qualification such as a nautical diploma or a bachelor’s degree in engineering or naval architecture is required to pursue this profession. That of the nautical surveyor is a very specialized figure in the field and therefore particularly in demand and appreciated.
What does a nautical appraiser do? How to find a valid nautical appraiser?
- Make an estimate of the value of a vessel based on the client’s requirements both when buying and selling;
- Assess the safety condition and wear condition of the vessel;
- Assess the state of preservation of the hull, fixtures, on-board instrumentation and deck equipment;
- Conduct an appraisal in case of accident, damage or breakdown;
- Performing pre-purchase surveys by evaluating the hull. Performing technical sea trials, examining documentation, certificates, licenses to operate the vessel, and the various equipment required by law (individual and collective life-saving equipment).
- Assessing the level of maintenance from both a technical and documentary point of view;
Main characteristics required:
- Possesses a nautical diploma or a degree in Naval Engineering or Naval Architecture. is enrolled in the Chamber Register of Surveyors and Experts after passing a specific examination;
- Possesses practical experience of a shipyard. This has given him knowledge of various types of vessels from steel recreational vessels to aluminum and fiberglass vessels;
- Is familiar with on-board systems and instrumentation and all regulations governing their use;
- Has acquired some experience in steering a boat including the use of electronics;
- Recognizes the degree of wear and tear of a vessel and knows how to evaluate in particular the mechanical part (engine where present) and the hull;
- Is a person who makes professional growth and continuous updating the basis of his work;
- He is a human figure of some depth, serious and thorough in the performance of his duties and not afraid to speak his mind to the parties involved.
The nautical appraiser
The nautical appraiser is that professional who makes it possible to evaluate in objective terms a sailing or motor boat. In addition, he is the one who can best advise the client, who in this way is able to get an idea of the vessel without being emotionally involved in it. Besides being a pleasure and a passion, the boat is also an investment. In some cases it involves significant economic outlays; being sure to avoid making mistakes in the purchase can be to the client’s advantage. The appraiser is therefore a key figure to certify that the vehicle is indeed reliable and that all available documentation is suitable and in order. So, how to find a valid ship appraiser?
If you are also looking for these profiles, don’t wait!
The Ricercamy revolution: the answer to how to find a valid Ship Surveyor
Ricercamy, a revolutionary and dynamic head hunter, born in March 2012, has, since its inception, been committed to introducing elements of innovation in the world of Search and Selection that would improve the redemption of Recruiting activities. In other words, the answer to how to find a good Ship Surveyor.
According to a Linkedin study, 75% of talent is passive and already working, not proactively devoting themselves to finding new professional opportunities. Only 25% of them take a more consistent interest in actively searching for new job openings. As a result, investing corporate budget in subscriptions and/or offers from job posting platforms surely cannot be the only effective solution or at least it cannot be the only one.
It is necessary to adopt a methodology to reach the best candidates: headhunting calls! (or Head Hunting as it may be called).
This is how our specialized head hunters find qualified personnel for our clients.
The anonymous calls, of our consultants manage to intercept any profile with different seniority.
Through a very thorough telephone pre-screening, in addition to the biographical data, all the specifications about the candidate’s experience necessary to assess its validity are collected, thus allowing the candidate to access the next step.
All of the above is carried out and shared in real time via a cloud file with our client company’s HR contact person.
Transparency and immediate sharing is a hallmark of Ricercamy. The company has been specializing over the years in the search and selection of technical figures.
Our head hunter’s mode of operation does not require the client to wait 2-3 weeks to receive the first shortlist of good profiles. For us, personnel search and selection means real-time sharing and working unfiltered and 4-handed with our HR contact person.
By searching for personnel on a daily basis, our head hunters have acquired know-how and specialization in their fields, which allow us to be a leader in this market crowded with Recruiters.
On the strength of our tools, since its inception, Ricercamy has been helping engineering companies in the selection of hard-to-find and hard-to-place qualified Personnel. Then, thanks to the SMART commercial offer (by Ricercamy), our clients ask us to carry out selections that they have always tended to do in-house, but having certain costs and providing neither complition fees nor exclusivity, they thus feel free to delegate to us all the management of their vacancies.
If you too are looking for this type of profile, please fill out the form below and you will be contacted within 1 hour by our consultants.
After this article, I hope it is clear how to find a good Ship Surveyor.
If you would like to keep up with our news, subscribe freely to our newsletter