Are you looking for a Geological Technician, but you don’t know how or where to search for good people for your company? Have you already tried posting an ad on Linkedin, Monster, and Infojobs, but in addition to spending time screening resumes and not finding the person you were looking for, have you activated any outside vendors without satisfactory results? How to find a good Geological Technician?
You’re reading the right article… read how Ricercamy works alongside and supports companies in the construction, geological investigation, consulting and public administration sectors in the search and selection of specialized profiles.
The Geological Technician: who is he?
The Geological Technician is engaged in the study of the physical structure and composition of soils. His knowledge is essential where it is important to know the characteristics of a certain type of soil. Especially for the prevention of landslides, landslides, seismic risk for the stability of buildings. Or for the research of underground natural resources. In general, his skills are required in all cases where the effect of human activities on geological processes needs to be predicted.
The technician may work directly in the field by collecting samples (soil, minerals, fossils), processing three-dimensional images using digital photogrammetry, remote sensing, or may be engaged in laboratory testing. In the latter case, the technician prepares sections of geological preparations, which are then analyzed under a microscope. The products provided by the laboratory can be used to support geological, geological-environmental, and mineralogical studies.
Once the professional has collected all the information both in the field and in the laboratory, he or she proceeds to interpret and process it. The goal is to arrive at a project definition. Once such a project has been initiated, the technician will supervise it through constant monitoring. In the meantime, he will prepare in written form a geological-technical report that will support the project until its completion.
The professional finds employment in the field of construction and civil engineering (site technician), in industries engaged in the extraction of minerals from the subsoil, in the oil industry, in the energy sector, in the protection of water resources and in general in the protection of the environment and landscape. He or she may also collaborate with other professionals in the drafting of technical papers for the public administration, particularly in land use planning, including in urban areas.
What does a Technical Geologist do? how to find a good Technical Geologist?
- Use digital tools for processing geological, thematic and specialized maps, remote sensing;
- Identify possible geological hazard areas through prevention and mitigation activities;
- Explore the subsurface using geophysical methods with the aim of obtaining a geological report for use in civil engineering works and for the construction of a geological-technical model;
- Conduct technical investigations through the collection of soil samples;
- Assess the environmental impact of human activities particularly through the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) limited to geological aspects;
- Study the finding of subsurface resources, including water resources, and geomaterials of special interest to the mining industry;
- Perform laboratory tests and analyses;
- Draft geotechnical papers or submit reports (feasibility studies).
Main characteristics required:
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geological Sciences; in particular, in the course of his studies, he has studied in depth specific topics for understanding and characterizing geological terrain and for writing and processing technical reports;
- Is able to carry out completely independently laboratory analyses of a wide variety of materials, through the use of appropriate technical instrumentation;
- Has acquired skills for surveying and drafting geological and thematic maps with representation by means of GIS “Geographic Information System”;
- Is able to perform geognostic investigations, with the purpose of determining the characteristics of soils, for subsurface exploration using geophysical methods (drilling);
- Assesses the degradation of cultural and environmental properties limited to geological aspects;
- Is thorough and methodical in the performance of his work;
- Possesses excellent observation skills to read maps, graphs and photographs correctly;
- Keeps himself constantly updated and is willing to expand his knowledge and skills;
- Works in teams composed of professionals from other disciplines with whom he collaborates to achieve common goals.
The Geological Technician
The Geological Technician is a figure that has assumed an increasingly relevant role due to increasing urbanization and the ever more intense exploitation of natural resources. In particular, the professional’s knowledge acquires a certain importance when we want to preventively design and safely construct buildings that can withstand increasingly extreme geological-environmental events. In addition, the technician is called upon to make judgments regarding both the function of land use planning and to assess the impact on the environment of man-made works, that is, the consequences they have on soil, water and air. So how to find a good Technical Geologist?
If you are also looking for these profiles, don’t wait!
Make an appointment with one of our consultants by clicking Here.
The Ricercamy revolution: the answer to how to find a viable Technical Geologist
Ricercamy, a revolutionary and dynamic head hunter, established in March 2012, has, since its inception, been committed to introducing elements of innovation to the world of Search and Selection that would improve the redemption of Recruiting activities.
According to a Linkedin study, 75 percent of talent is passive and already working, not proactively engaging in the search for new professional opportunities. Only 25% of them take a more consistent interest in actively searching for new job openings. Consequently, investing the corporate budget in subscriptions and/or offers of job posting platforms surely cannot be the only effective solution or at least it cannot be the only one.
It is necessary to adopt a methodology to reach the best candidates: headhunting calls! (or Head Hunting as it may be called).
This is how our specialized head hunters find qualified personnel for our clients.
The anonymous calls, of our consultants manage to intercept any profile with different seniority.
Through a very thorough telephone pre-screening, in addition to the biographical data, all the specifications about the candidate’s experience necessary to assess its validity are collected, thus allowing the candidate to access the next step.
All of the above is carried out and shared in real time via a cloud file with our client company’s HR contact person.
Transparency and immediate sharing are hallmarks of Ricercamy. The company has been specializing over the years in the search and selection of technical figures in the mechanical, electrical and electronic fields and thanks to the development of specific skills and knowledge of the profiles sought and the reference market.
Our head hunter’s mode of operation does not require the client to wait 2-3 weeks to receive the first shortlist of good profiles. For us, headhunting means real-time sharing and working unfiltered and 4-handed with our HR contact person.
By searching for personnel on a daily basis, our head hunters have acquired know-how and specialization in their fields, which allow us to be a leader in this market crowded with Recruiters.
On the strength of our tools, since its inception, Ricercamy has been helping engineering companies in the selection of hard-to-find and hard-to-place qualified Personnel. Then, thanks to the SMART (Ricercamy’s) commercial offer, our clients ask us to carry out selections that they have tended to have always done in-house, but having certain costs and providing neither complition fees nor exclusivity, they thus feel free to delegate all their vacancy management to us.
After this article, I hope it is clear why Ricercamy is the perfect company to find a good Geotechnical Geologist
If you too are looking for this type of profile, please fill out the form below and you will be contacted within 1 hour by our consultants.
After this article, I hope it is clear how to find a good Geotechnical Geologist
If you would like to keep up with our news, subscribe freely to our newsletter